Can't we play Red Rover, Red Light Green Light or Sardine's even? I suck at tag. I am super slow and have no endurance. But whatever, I guess I've been tagged so watch out I'm coming to get you.....(Please sense my sarcasm...)
1. List the link to your tagger and also post these following rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird, etc.
3. Tag 7 people at the the end of your blog also leaving the links to their blogs
4. Let them know they are "TAGGED" by leaving a comment on their blog.
Alison Bevans Tagged me the little stinker. She even commented that I may not even check my site to notice....well Miss Bevans...I want to set the record straight. I regularly, weekly at least, check all your blogs. I love to keep up on all the goings on with those who have meant so much to me in the past. What did people do before blogging? We would be left to wonder how our good old friends or "kindred spirits" were doing and hope that maybe one day there would be the off chance of running into them and that you could somehow catch each other up on the last 10 years. Thank you Blog inventors for your genius and inspiration, making it possible for all us Bloggers to enjoy our friends and families from a distance. I've come to the conclusion although that I'd much rather check your blogs out then update my own. By the time I've read all your blogs, I'm tired and ready for bed usually. I am going to try harder to post more regularly and please send your comments because I'd love to know who is checking out our Blog and I'll comment more often so you all know that I've been peeking in on yours as well...
Let's see seven facts about myself....
1) I tell myself I'm not good at crafty stuff, but the more stuff I try the more I realize, I'm not half bad at it...I've taken up card making, sewing, Relief Society Craft Night's and want to get into photography. Not as a business but just so the family pictures I take can look a little better. By the way you all are amazing photographers!
2) I like to watch reality T.V. I recently got hooked on Wifes of Orange County. It's one of those shows you tell yourself you would never watch but then one day you somehow watch a little and the next thing you know your DVR'ing the next couple episodes to watch later...don't think less of me please.
3) I am a major "To Do" list person. I have a master To Do list, then I have a smaller list I take around with me that has the immediate items to be done on it. Then I sometimes have more lists depending on how much is going on. One thing I hate though is that before I can cross off everything on my list, I update it and erase all the things I've done and add more. My list pretty much always stays the same size. I also hate the items that never leave the list like, clean house, do laundry, pay bills, buy diapers.......you get the picture.
4) Is it ok that I like to take pretty much every opportunity to leave the kids at home with Joseph so I can have a break. I am involved in every Relief Society Enrichment Group not only because I like to be social but mainly because it means I get a night off with the kids. Am I a bad Mom?
5) I worry a lot about everything. I wish I could be more like my husband who is so calm, collected and knows how to relax. I guess I have a worry wart, but I can't find it anywhere, it must be hidden somewhere inside me but man I wish I could burn it off!
6) I actually like to give talks in church and or give lessons. I try to act like I don't because that is what everyone else does and I don't want to seem like I have a big head but I like the process of studying and learning and then getting passionate about sharing what you've learned. Maybe that's why I want to be a teacher.
7) I LOVE TO COOK! Yes people this is a new passion of mine. If I could go back I would have started learning a long time ago. I don't even like to go out to eat anymore because well it's not as fun and usually not as good. Not because I'm a good cook as much as there just isn't a lot of options here and going out to eat with a one plus year old....yeah most of you I'm sure know my pain. Cooking really isn't that hard, you just have to learn the techniques and know how to follow a recipe. I love to get recipe's from Food Networks internet site and to try new things. Today I made a lentil soup with Kielbasa Sausage...it was YUMMY! I also think it's fun to share recipe's so if your a cooker too, we should do a recipe swap. I have some good ones!
Well hopefully you all still like me....I'm kind of a sarcastic person so please read everything I write with that in mind. I try to be funny but most of the time no one gets my humor but me. I'm one of those people that is funny because I'm not funny...if that makes sense....
Bethany: davemadden.blogspot.com(Dave you will have to sit her down and make her do it)
Monday, October 01, 2007
We are doing good out here in Iowa. Last night there was a Severe Thunderstorm, strong winds and lots of rain. It was a tid bit scarry but I hear it's nothing compared to what is to come. We recently had JJ, Alisyn and Sione (who are Joseph's Sisters and Nephew) to visit. We had tons of fun with them, we went to Nauvoo and also saw Carthage Jail what an amazing experience. I feel so lucky that the closest temple is the Nauvoo temple. Joseph and I got called as Temple Patrons so we have to go each month, oh darn right?! We also drove around Davenport and went to our local zoo, which is actually really good. You can get super close to the animals and they even have a great petting zoo. Joseph is a week away from finishing his first trimester here. He is excited because next trimester will be his first in the Chiropractic Program. Finally he is going to start learning what he is interested in. We are having a good time here, lots of wonderful families and events to attend. The relief society here is really good about doing enrichment groups so I have joined I think all of them. I love to get out, can't stand sitting at home all the time so I try to do everything and anything. I recently bought a sewing machine and started sewing nursing covers like the "Hooter Hiders" you can find online. They are super easy to make and are Fabulous for nursing. I just make them for friends, I also have been making cards. I also thought I'd try knitting something this year. Yikes, I'm getting crafty, never thought I would but I must admit it's kind of fun. I think I spent almost 2 hours at the craft store the other day, and actually enjoyed it. Kaitlyn and Adam are growing up so fast. Adam is pushing his chest up off the ground, starting to grab and play with toys, starting to talk a lot more and is almost ready I think for some cereal. Kaitlyn is still cutting her two front teeth so is VERY cranky and not her usual fun loving self. She loves to be outside though so whenever it gets to be too much for her we go to the park or play out back. She is pretty easy to please. She is beginning to talk but is a little shy about it and is currently addicted to her daddy. She wants to play with Joseph all the time and gets upset when he has to leave. I do to actually:) We are doing good and are so grateful for the gospel and it's teachings. We feel sheltered from the many storms that come, not just the thunderstorms but the storms of life as well. We love and miss you all a ton. Hope Fall is as beautiful where you are as it is here. The Shepro's
Friday, August 03, 2007
It's about time, Right? One long Blog ago, we used to keep this thing updated. It's been hard with both babies to keep all my different accounts going. I have friends with Blogs, friends on Myspace and even some friends on Facebook. I wish I could get everyone I know to be in one place. Just for your information my myspace url is http://www.myspace.com/rshepro and you can find me on facebook as well. Anywhoo...What is going on with the Shepro's. Well we had Kaitlyn's 1st birthday part at Silver Creek Falls Park. It was lots of fun. She is just now walking, at her own leisure, and starting to do sign language and copy whatever I say. So, I've had to watch what I call her b/c the last thing I need her to do is to start calling people "stinker butt". My favorite thing Kaitlyn does is when she has to go to the bathroom, she stops whatever she is doing and gets a very serious look on her face and makes grunting noises. It is disgusting I know, but oh so funny. If you don't appreciate potty humor, sorry for that comment. Adam is now almost 3 months old. He is getting more and more charismatic as you can see by the photo above. He likes to smile and laugh and is holding his head up well. He has been such a good baby despite the scary start we had. Thank goodness for his patience b/c having two so close together has not been the easiest. And now that I said that, he just started crying, I'm going to have to feed him. Why is that whenever you say something nice about one of your children they have to go and instantly prove you wrong. For instance every time I say how well one of my kids is sleeping- that night they will sleep terribly. It's almost like they hear you and think to themselves, "oh ya-ya think so. Well we'll see tonight won't we". So we moved to Davenport Iowa. It's right on the Mississippi River, part of the Quad Cities, which means it's part of 4 cities so it's actually quite busy here. Lots of good ol' American roots, it's nice to experience a different culture. Davenport is full of art, music and sports. Everyone seems to run, besides me of course.. just kidding I run, when I have too. I do like going on walks though and they have the absolutely best trails for walking. 7 miles worth in fact that run through different parks and even take you by the new public library. Can't get much better then that when your a "mommy". The trail goes right by our apartment too. We love our town house. It's very large, well maintained and is surrounded by other LDS couples going to Palmer (the chiropractic school) and they all have young kids like we do. I know I'll make some good friends here. There is also an Institute at the school so I am taking a course independently. Joseph is studying hard, he is currently taking some classes to get his Bachelors in general science and Organic Chemistry. He will start the Chiro program the beginning of November. He is loving it, definitely in his element here. I love watching him learn and get excited about his career. So, besides missing my family and friends a TON, this place is turning out to be pretty amazing. Plus the corn is to die for. Even if none of you come to see us, you got to come just so you can have some corn. (you all are welcome anytime! anytime!! I mean it anytime!!!!!) We love you all to pieces and hope life is bringing you lots of good things. We are so grateful for the Lord and for the Gospel. It has brought us to many great places in our lives and I'm sure to many more.
Down of the Mississippi River...