Monday, October 01, 2007

Hello From Iowa...

We are doing good out here in Iowa. Last night there was a Severe Thunderstorm, strong winds and lots of rain. It was a tid bit scarry but I hear it's nothing compared to what is to come. We recently had JJ, Alisyn and Sione (who are Joseph's Sisters and Nephew) to visit. We had tons of fun with them, we went to Nauvoo and also saw Carthage Jail what an amazing experience. I feel so lucky that the closest temple is the Nauvoo temple. Joseph and I got called as Temple Patrons so we have to go each month, oh darn right?! We also drove around Davenport and went to our local zoo, which is actually really good. You can get super close to the animals and they even have a great petting zoo. Joseph is a week away from finishing his first trimester here. He is excited because next trimester will be his first in the Chiropractic Program. Finally he is going to start learning what he is interested in. We are having a good time here, lots of wonderful families and events to attend. The relief society here is really good about doing enrichment groups so I have joined I think all of them. I love to get out, can't stand sitting at home all the time so I try to do everything and anything. I recently bought a sewing machine and started sewing nursing covers like the "Hooter Hiders" you can find online. They are super easy to make and are Fabulous for nursing. I just make them for friends, I also have been making cards. I also thought I'd try knitting something this year. Yikes, I'm getting crafty, never thought I would but I must admit it's kind of fun. I think I spent almost 2 hours at the craft store the other day, and actually enjoyed it. Kaitlyn and Adam are growing up so fast. Adam is pushing his chest up off the ground, starting to grab and play with toys, starting to talk a lot more and is almost ready I think for some cereal. Kaitlyn is still cutting her two front teeth so is VERY cranky and not her usual fun loving self. She loves to be outside though so whenever it gets to be too much for her we go to the park or play out back. She is pretty easy to please. She is beginning to talk but is a little shy about it and is currently addicted to her daddy. She wants to play with Joseph all the time and gets upset when he has to leave. I do to actually:) We are doing good and are so grateful for the gospel and it's teachings. We feel sheltered from the many storms that come, not just the thunderstorms but the storms of life as well. We love and miss you all a ton. Hope Fall is as beautiful where you are as it is here. The Shepro's

8 comments:

Jason Young said...

I was wondering if you remembered your blog password or something?!?! It's so nice to finally see an update:) It looks like you guys are doing great!!

Miss you!

Mandy

Jared and Lydia said...

The kiddos are growing so fast. They are so super cute. Good job Adam pushing yourself up. Miss you!
Lydia

Heather said...

So glad you guys are having a great time in Iowa. And *yay* for the update! Keep'em coming!

Alli said...

Nauvoo is such an incredible city, isn't it? My parents are in the Nauvoo stake - are you too? We were there for Kristin's wedding in August and I got to go through that gorgeous temple. Have you seen the framed temple clothes from Lucy Mack Smith, and Joseph Smith's bodyguard down that hall next to the chapel? Really incredible.

Alli said...

The slideshow is making me miss you guys so much :(

Amy said...

Robyn, I finally found you. Thanks for the post! Let's keep in touch! Your children are DARLING.
-Amy Baumgartner

The GLASMANNagerie said...

Robin. We are so glad that we found you through Jason. We have been thinking about you. It is great to have an update. Check us out, we just did a blog!

Love you guys
Bishop and Sister Glasmann

Alli said...

Trying to get you to rejoin the blogging world - you've been tagged. See my blog for details. We'll see if you actually even read this comment and do it!

Growing Up

Growing Up