Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Pretend Play is my Best Friend

Yesterday Adam and Kaitlyn played forever in their room. I was getting so much done, it was worrying me. How could they possibly play so long with out any need of my help...right? So I went to check in on exactly what they were doing (fully expecting to find a disaster). To my delight they were sweetly pretending to have a birthday party for their friend Antonio and all their Iowa friends. They were naming off all their friends and making sure their was a plate set for each one. Kaitlyn was especially concerned about Karter and Ryker. It was sweet joy to see their little minds being creative and to see them play together, quietly, and with out needing me! I am not sure how every mother feels but I know for me this was so relieving. It's been a long 4 years and it finally feels like I can relax again. Well at least for now:)

2 comments:

SuzyQ01 said...

That's so sweet! I hope you took advantage of their play time and got your own stuff done ;)

Alli said...

Aww, it's like a sweet little gift that keeps you going as a mom :)

Growing Up

Growing Up