Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Adamsaurus Turns One

Adam had the best birthday ever. His birthday was Sunday the 18th so we had a small family dinner with the missionaries. It was fun to have the missionaries here to help us celebrate, hopefully one day Adam will want to serve a mission as well some day. Serving a mission was the best thing Joseph and I have ever done besides have a family. I made Adam a cake but he was not interested so Kaitlyn had his piece:) We got Adam a bunch of balls for his birthday, he LOVES anything to do with sports gear. He was born with the ability to throw a ball, it's pretty amazing actually. He also tackles a football like a pro, and I'm not even kidding. He just automatically knows what to do with the balls it's really kind of weird. I am pretty sure he will be a sports nut. Then later in the week Adam had some visitors, his Aunt Trish and my friend Robin. I went up to Chicago to pick them up, a friend of mine was gracious enough to watch the kids for a day so I did not have to trek them up there and it gave me a chance to explore the city a little. Robin and I while waiting for Trish's plane to get in went and saw Navy Pier and went up the Sears Tower. It was awesome. Thank you so much Michelle, you ROCK!!! Friday we all got ready for Adam's party which originally was planned for a park but it was raining so we switched it to the Institute. It turned out to be so much fun, Adam had lots of friends come and he got some cool presents. Thank you so much everyone. My neighbor and I made him his Dinosaur cake which turned out awesome. I learned lots about cakes, they are fun to make. Saturday we all went to Nauvoo and went on a wagon ride of the city and then headed to Iowa City to go to the outlets where we all found a few new things for summer. Then on Sunday we all relaxed and Robin made us an amazing dinner. She has been taking some cooking classes and boy oh boy have they payed off. Yummy! Monday our guests had to leave, we were sad, we loved spending time with some of our favorite people. Trish and Robin and I laughed a lot and probably stayed up way too late for our own good but we felt we had to make the most of the little time we had. Trish is off to Spain for a month for a study abroad and Robin is back to work, she works hard. As for us, we are getting ready for a few other visitors. Amanda and her kids are coming on Saturday. Adam and Kaitlyn have no idea how much fun awaits them. I don't know how we got so lucky to have such good friends and family. Here are some pics of the last week. Happy Birthday Adam!!!

12 comments:

The Adams Family said...

Totally cute Robyn! I really enjoyed the pics. Adam's birthday was fun and his cake was so awesome- good job! Welcome to the world of boys and their balls. (you know what I mean).
Camilla

Alli said...

Great post - I'm glad you put up all the pictures, it was almost like hanging out with you seeing you ride down the hill on the tricycle :) Your kids are getting too big!

the sheldons said...

You're welcome a million times over Robyn. It was no problem at all and I would gladly do it again in a heartbeat. You're the best.

Cami said...

Can't believe he's one!

Anonymous said...

Just giving you a shout out, keep in touch!

RuSty and LaLa said...

hEY cLEMENTS...iTS wILCOX! hOW CUTE IS YOUR FAMILY. yOU LOOK GREAT! yoUR KIDS ARE SO ADORABLE. i THINK YOUR LITTLE GIRL LOOKS ALOT LIKE HER MOMMY. gLAD i FOUND YA...CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR UPDATES ON MY LIFE.

LOV YA
lALA

Dave and Mare said...

Happy Birthday Adam!!! He is soo blonde! Hows the mormon manor? Take care- Marianne

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, that was such a funny slide show! I was laughing out loud. Hahaha! Your kids look so much like you guys...it's killin' me!!

Fowler family said...

Oh your kids are adorable. How fun for them to be so close in age to eachother.

the sheldons said...

Robyn, I am just writing a note to remind you that it is has been almost 2 months since you have done a blog! Unacceptable! Now you are forcing my to hack into your account and make up incriminating blogs and post racy photos just so people have something new to read when they come to your page.

The Chan Clan said...

Hey there! So, we still need to have our chat on the phone. I saw your commented on Skea's blog and you mentioned the Twilight Series, I read them while I was in labor with Addy and the lady in the hospital said that 3 other women were reading the same book. It was too funny! None of the boys in my family gets it. (o: Anyways, let's chat soon. Luv ya

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! So cute,
I tagged you on the blog

Growing Up

Growing Up