Sunday, April 20, 2008

April Update

Time is flying by really fast. Next month Adam will be one and Kaitlyn will soon be two. They are the gem's of our lives. It is so much fun watching them learn and grow. I think sometimes as parents we feel like we need to work so hard at teaching our kids things. We plan activities and try to read to them often, expose them to new things etc etc. It's amazing although how easy it is for them to learn at this age. Without even knowing it, you teach them things. I guess what I am saying is, I think as parents we don't have to stress ourselves out so much about what we are and are not teaching our kids and just live. They learn more from just watching what we do and from who we are then anything else I think. Kaitlyn has been learning more and more words each day. It's amazing how quickly children can pick up on words. I'll tell her the name of something once and the next day she will remember it. She loves to ask, "What's that?". She asks that question at least 20 times a day. I love it. Her favorite animal sound is a rooster and she loves this cute web site called Boowa and Kwala which has free games and songs for kids. She laughs so hard at some of the songs, which have animations to go along with them. It's a great site for kids, check it out...http://www.uptoten.com/kids/boowakwala-home.html go to the tab that says 58 songs and go through all the pages. We really like the Toucan Song the best. Adam is standing on his own now and can walk with a walker. He will be walking very soon I believe. Yay! He is such a kind little boy and has a very sweet demeanor. He loves his sister Kaitlyn and follows her around everywhere. He also has learned to climb the stairs so it's time to block them off once again. Adam's hair was getting super long so we took him to a local children's hair salon called "Cookie Cutters". It's so cute it has a play gym inside with chairs that are trains or cars for them to sit in while they get their hair cuts. The hair dresser was really nice and we had a fun time getting Adam's first real hair cut. You can see pictures below. Hope you all are doing well and enjoying Spring. We love and miss you all....The Shepro's

8 comments:

The Chan Clan said...

LOVED THE PICS!!!! So great! I must say you are amazing....I would have probably been less calm about the finger paints, even washable ones, I need to seriously chill sometimes. I miss lots of great photo opportunities because I am too concerned about cleaning the mess up...sigh...keep up the great job mommy. :o)

Sara said...

Those spaghetti pictures are downright amazing. :) She's getting so big!

Alli said...

I just love it - they're so CUTE! Spaghetti monsterish and all. I appreciated your thoughts on mothering. It amazes me too, how quickly they learn. But I will say that fostering a love of reading in my kids is probably one of the best things I've done for them as a mother and I'm seeing the payoff in my older girls. Keep reading! Miss you!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you are loving your babies :-)...they are so darn cute! Thanks for the web reference too. We'll have to check it out. Thanks for the nursing cover up pattern...my email is michelleisaksen02@yahoo.com
I'm seriousely a bit of a bone head when it comes to sewing, so I might call you if I get stuck...hope that's all right. I found CUTE material too :-)

Amy Sue said...

Love the french braid. Have you tried that really cool new braid where you have the person lay face down with their head over the edge of the bed for like 30 minutes and do the braid backwards...it's totally cool :) MEMORIES!!

Really though Kaitlyn looks adorable and I'm sure after using me as a guinny pig years ago you won't be tring the upside down braid with her anytime soon!

the sheldons said...

Oh Robyn, you're just so awesome. I just wanted you to know that. You're such a smiley little punkin. And I pretty much love your kids.

The Maddens said...

just checking in. I don't have much to say. Love the photos. Have a good one.

M. said...

cuuuute! I'm glad you are loving life so much amidst the crazy mommy time. Your a great mom! :)

Growing Up

Growing Up