Monday, July 19, 2010

Diaper-LESS

Every parent who has potty trained knows that it's NOT easy! It's funny to think about what an important skill this is to teach your children. It's something they will do every day..mutiple times for the REST of their lives. I don't think we appreciate enough our Parents for teaching us to go potty in the toilet. Let's face it, if they didnt we'd still be wearing diapers, which could be rather embarassing as an adult! So Thank you Mom and Dad for teaching me and teaching me well:)

Adam was way more stubborn than Kaitlyn with the potty stuff. He made me want to give up soooooo many times. You can only handle so many messes before you want to scream. But alas, I had bought my last box of diapers and I was NOT going to buy anymore so I stuck with it. I tried really hard to always help Adam be successful by asking him to go OFTEN. It was really fustrating and time consuming but I knew at some point the switch would go off in his brain and he would finally DECIDE to do it himself. After a good month, he finally chose to do it and not only during the day but he was waking up to go at night too. Yay! I was so afraid about the night time with Adam but he has been perfect for a few weeks now. I may really suck at a lot of Mom stuff but I feel pretty darn good that somehow I got both my kids potty trained.

Now I just need to teach them to wipe:)

4 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I am having no success with Trey and yes it does make you thankful for the little things your parents taught you! I hope I can get him diaperless by the time he is 3!

Peggy Glasmann said...

Way to go girl!!!! That is super awesome and it is a HUGE thing to accomplish. Nothing like a diaper free zone to lift your spirits!!

Nicole said...

that is awesome! i just started Landon yesterday--it's a lot of work and i would love to pick your brain apart and get some good advice sometime! that's awesome that he's doing so well at night!!

Mele said...

Happy day for you! I need Adam to rub off on Kimble with the overnight stuff!

Growing Up

Growing Up