Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kaitlyn's Farm Birthday

For the longest time Kaitlyn has been saying she wants a Dora party, but I didn't believe her because we don't watch Dora or have any Dora paraphernalia. Fortunately, last minute, she changed her mind and decided she wanted a farm birthday, well this I believed. She adores animals, ex specially horses and it seemed a bit more like the little girl I know. We started off the day by Kaitlyn and I going to the mall for a little shopping and girl time. We headed to the spa and got our first mommy daughter pedicures. Kaitlyn is a girl after my own heart, she LOVED being pampered and knew exactly how to relax and enjoy the pedicure. Kaitlyn can be a girly girl but also is rough and tough. Most of her good friends end up being boys, she just relates to them better for some reason. While we were at the mall Daddy and Adam were busy putting together Kaitlyn's Farm Party. They got ice cream cake and put up farm animals all over the walls. Kaitlyn was so excited when she got home. We played farm for a while and than our adoptive Iowa family..our neighbors..came over for fish dinner. Kaitlyn loves fish, ex specially salmon, but our poor student budget only could afford Tilapia. Sorry Kaitlyn one day we shall have a salmon feast!










5 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

she is a doll, I love the flower in her hair! Happy 4th Kaitlyn!

Erica Jessop said...

ahhhhhh Happy Bday sweet pea!!! she looks so OLD!!!!! And I am totally stealing your idea to do this in a couple of years with Taylor;) ADORABLE pics;)

Brady and Brittney said...

I can't believe your little baby is 4!!! You guys look so cute and I loved the farm theme!

Aaron said...

Seeing those pictures made me miss working at the spa so bad! That is such a fun idea :) Hmmm... I wonder if Aaron would let me do that with Rock? ;) Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!

DeAndra said...

Woops... that obviously wasn't a comment from AAron lol...

Growing Up

Growing Up