Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Easter

This Easter was a white one for us. It started snowing Saturday night and then Sunday it snowed off and on. The weather is fairly warm though so it did not stick around very long. Saturday we went to a friends in the morning for a brunch and Easter Egg Hunt. Kaitlyn actually understood a little bit of what was going on this year so it made all the Easter activities fun. She knows that the bunny goes, "Hop-Hop-Hop"! I did not dare try Egg Dying this year but I hope next year we can start that tradition. I saw a cute idea in a magazine to dye easter eggs with chalkboard paint and then let the kids draw on them with chalk. It looked like it might be a little less messy for young kids then egg dying. Anywhoo, Saturday night we went to a chili cook-off and made a super yummy creamy chili, it did not win any awards but it sure was good. If anyone wants the recipe just let me know. Sunday we dressed the kids up in their Easter gear, and went to church and then that evening we went to another friends for dinner. It was a fun weekend even though Joseph had a super lot of studying to do. This trimester is turning out to be one of his hardest ever. Everyone says this is the hardest of them all so we are taking it seriously. Joseph comes home for dinner, helps put kids to bed and that is about all we see him. He does make sure to take a few hours each weekend to have family time with us which is nice. If it's not hard it's not worth it! Kaitlyn is learning words by the minute. Right now she loves to say Cockadoodledoo! We went to the zoo today and she LOVED it! I am so excited to go often this summer since it's only 20 minutes away. Here some pics of our Easter Adventure and of the Quillow I made recently. Cheers....

5 comments:

M. said...

happy easter!! I like that chalk board idea- when you do it post photos...so er, next year?! :)

Cami said...

We have had snow off and on here this week to. Spring is just taking it's time. Seemed like a busy holiday. Love the Easter picture. You guys look so great.

Alli said...

I love seeing your pictures - but it makes me miss you!! We had crazy weather here too, snow and hail off and on all spring break. Adam is getting so big! And Kaitlyn is ADORABLE. I love her cute little nose :)

The Chan Clan said...

Yes, I will give everybody a big fat huge for you, at least the ones who will appreciate it. I am not sure who is going this year. It turned out to be more of a convenience this year because my in-laws are going to be there and I have a meeting at the same time. Anywho...I loved the pictures, I am glad you are posting more often. You kiddos are so stinkin' cute!!! It seems from the pics that they look like each other quite a bit. Well, I should probably sign off before I take up the whole page. so C-ya later :o)

Amy Sue said...

I love looking at your pictures! Your kids have grown so much. You look great!

Growing Up

Growing Up