Friday, May 21, 2010

Homemaker or something like that....

My life is at this weird crossroads right now....

I recently passed on my job at the Chiropractic Office because of time conflicts with Joseph's schooling and also in anticipation of being done here in Iowa fairly soon. I LOVED my job and the people I met through it.....the patients, the Doctors..Everyone! It feels strange and a little sad not to have that responsibility anymore.

I also am passing the ICAA President baton on. It's been a year since the current Board took the reigns and I have definitely LOVED being a part of such an awesome organization and being amongst such an amazing group of woman. We accomplished a lot this year and know the next board will do the same! A lot of energy and passion went into this role and I LOVED every minute of it.

I am just about to finish a rather large project of putting together a Student Planner that the ICAA has traditionally done for the bookstore to sell. It was a lengthy project but has been a really great experience. We send it to the printers on Monday and it feels so rewarding! It has taken up a lot of my time and energy.

We are the next family in our ward to graduate from Palmer and that feels so strange. We are so close to being finished. Our time here feels like a big blur and I am so anxious about the future and what it holds.

Somehow my little babies grew up, I am on the brink of being done completely with diapers and have discovered I am in denial about how grown up they really have become. I gotta start challenging them more and stop zipping up their jackets for them;)

So, all of these huge responsibilities that have taken up my time and energy over the past few years are all coming to an end and now I need to refocus it all into something. My Goal is to put it all into "My Kids" and "The Home". I have always tended to feel totally inadequate when it comes to motherhood and homemaking. I am thinking I need to develop some really good skills and habits...so if you know of some good websites, blogs, forums or even just have some plain old good ideas that I can get passionate about send them my way. I am going to have a lot of time on my hands here soon...I gotta find things to fill it with.

So here's to being a Full Time Stay at Home don't get involved in too much Momma!
Yeah!

3 comments:

Tammi said...

Come to the Poulos house we will entertain you and the kids. We love having company! :)

SuzyQ01 said...

wow...you are slowing down! I know that you will be awesome at whatever you decide to fill your time with, as you are an awesome person ;)

JCLS said...

I think you are amazing!

Growing Up

Growing Up