Monday, May 03, 2010

Sayin Goodbye..Again...



Kaitlyn has had the most wonderful friend live just two doors down from us, but today our neighbors moving van came. I think our family is starting to get a little worn out from having to say goodbye to friends, specially those who are a part of your every day life. Kaitlyn's friend is always outside willing and ready to play. She has the most creative mind and is such a great example to Kaitlyn. Because her friend is a little older than her, Kaitlyn learns a lot from her and looks up to her in such a dear sweet way. I hate to say it, but some days I had to close the blinds just because I knew if Kaitlyn saw her friend outside, she would beg and plead and cry and beg some more to go out and play when I just couldn't. Some days I wish we could spend every waking moment outside but alas, I'm cursed with the clean gene and so have a really hard time going outside until the house is clean. It can be very fustrating to have this gene specially when you have two toddlers:) Anyways, back to Kaitlyn's friend. Today when I explained to Kaitlyn that her friend was moving, her little mouth started to frown and tears started to swell. This was like real true emotion I was dealing with here. Not a tantrum or a boo boo crying but real "I'm a girl and have emotions" tears. It was terrifying but extremely satisfying at the same time...scarry because, I knew I was entering into a whole new realm of parenting that I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with but also wonderful because my daughter is growing up into a beautiful young lady. I love her so much and am so proud of who she is becoming. She is so full of love and excitment, which is why I loved to watch her play with her friend. Her little character came out when she was with her friend and it was beautiful to watch. We are going to miss our neighbors, they were such a big part of the neighborhood, it won't be the same here without them. A lot less interesting for sure! We miss all our friends who have left Iowa and Palmer. We feel like we are next and thank goodness cause it's about dang time:) No really we just want to stop having to say goodbye and start having to say hello again for a while. I really hope someday soon we can settle down and nestle ourselves into a amazing community, throw down some roots...ya know...YEAH. I'm liking the sound of that.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

We miss you too. And I know just how you feel about being tired of saying goodbye.

Growing Up

Growing Up