Friday, May 07, 2010

Rain Boots


My kids get soooo excited when it rains because they know it means they need to get out their rain boots and umbrellas. Too bad we were in a hurry to take Daddy to school because they really wanted to spend some time stompin in the puddles. We had a few minutes though and they stomped and watched the water run down the cracks in the parking lot. Something about watching them do this sparks a memory from my childhood at my Potter Street house in Eugene Oregon. I have fond memories of making paper boats and sending them down the rushing rain water out front in the street gutters. I also remember picking all the moss out from inbetween the cracks in the sidewalks. Kids do this, they pull memories out of you that you never thought possible. The other day Kaitlyn was making a witches brew with leaves and mud and rocks in the water bucket out back. I thought to myself...i made quite a disgusting witches brew in my time if I remember correctly:)

At Target this morning, while I was distracted looking through the fresh basil trying to find the most "fresh" bunch, Adam swiped a whole green pepper. I did not notice until moving on to the next isle and sure enough Adam was chompin on the green pepper like it was an apple. I resisted the urge to scold and just smiled and said, "were you hungry Adam?"...he looked up with a smile took a bite of his green pepper and said "mmhmmm". He just now finished the whole pepper and looks very satisfied. Kaitlyn tried some and was not impressed as you can tell in this picture. Oh Adam...you are my cute little green pepper!

4 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

hahaha!! Your kids are so cute. Trey has some rain boots too so we should play!

Erica Jessop said...

Those are CUTE rain boots I need to get the kids some seeing as though we do live in IOWA! I can't believe he ate that pepper!

SuzyQ01 said...

hahaha...that's awesome!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Adorable. Sometimes you just got to let them do their thing. Who teaches kids to make witches brew any way. I mean, I did it, you did it, now your daughter is doing it. I don't ever remember attending any classes that taught this magical art, but I sure do like it.

Growing Up

Growing Up