Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Up too Late..

Reading old blog entries, I actually read all of my blog entries. Wow! Blog's are awesome. I did not realize that going back could be so much fun, and so eye opening. Time here in Iowa has become so blurry I can't remember the who, what's and when's. It was fun to have the memories saved. I feel so motivated now to keep posting and to do it more often. So, for the sake of blogging, here is the bitter truth about today...

It started out really good, well it could have been better if I had ran but Joseph had to be at school early and running with the stroller is not my cup of tea so I opted out on the running thing and headed straight to the shower. Mostly because I was super greasy from the day before when I was outside playing with the kids allllll dayyyy! We had a tub full of water out with all the bath toys and Kaitlyn had a few friends over. The kids got wet but it was so warm that within half hour the clothes were dry again it was nice. Kaitlyn made special watering holes for her horses and set them up all perfect. She kept turning on the hose and I was trying my hardest to practice my "positive parenting" techniques and not tell her "what to do" but help her decide it wasnt a good idea to "waste water":) It required creativity and a lot of patience but she got it and I didnt have to shout orders at her, which I HATE doing and hope this positive parenting thingy will help with. So yes I was greasy from the busy day before and was ready this morning for a nice shower. Got all gussied up and took Joseph to school. Kaitlyn left without her hair getting combed which made me feel a little uneasy but hey, I'm trying to get stress out of my life so I let it go. Later we went to the zoo, it finally opened after being "under construction" and closed for forever. The zoo was just not the same...it was like a woman at a salon..getting fixed up but not quite ready to be seen...which on a side note..don't ya hate looking in the mirror when your getting your hair done, something about the lighting in the salon's or maybe it's the tin foil in the hair or something, I always look away from the mirror cause it just bugs me...The zoo was fun, the friends we went with were fun, and the weather was perfect..oh and we got to see two turtle's mating. The kids had no idea but Tamara and I were laughing pretty hard. It was funny...beautiful...but so so funny!
After the zoo the day progressively got worse. I usually am not a sit around type person, it makes me feel anxious to be lazy...but today after getting home my plan was to clean. Ok so what did I do? I sat around and was lazy and low and behold I got so cranky. I get so anxious when things are not getting done and than to top it off my car dealership called me back about our non existent car warranty and gave me some blah blah blah blah answer which totally set me off. Whew, it was a bad moment for me. I felt a little out of body like I was going to like have to do a count off from 10 and at the end I was going to explode like a rocket up to the moon. So what does any girl do in this time of craziness...I called my husband. Yep and blew off some steam on him and he brought me back to reality and made me laugh and sigh...now I'm here typing this blog which no one will find intersting but me...ten years down the road when I get reflective again and read all my blog posts. Hello me, remember that day you about lost your mind and than got it back. Yeah that was great! I have resolved to care less and do more. That is do more of the things I love and that make me feel good inside and less of the stuff I feel like I have to do but don't! Tomorow I'm sending out two packages filled with crafty goodies I made for my Mom and Sister..now that is what I call feel good stuff:) Yeah!

1 comment:

SuzyQ01 said...

I like your new resolve...do more of what you enjoy and stop stressing the small stuff - Life is way too short!! Okay, I totally laughed at the hair salon comment - I completely agree with you and wish I could put one of those plastic capes over the mirror LOL

Growing Up

Growing Up