Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Two 3 Year Olds! The Making of a Tradition..


First it was two 1 year olds
then...two 2 year olds...
now it's...two 3 year olds!
It's one of the fun things about having kids so close in age, ours are the same age for a month and a half. In a way it makes it easier because when people ask how old your kids are, which all parents know happens A LOT!!!!, you can simply say, "they are 3". But, then again...that creates a whole series of other questions because they are obviously not twins and everyone has to know how "that happened". AWKWARD!!!!! Seriously though, having the kids be so close together was one of the best surprise gifts of my life. Kaitlyn and Adam are the perfect duo, I can't imagine having one with out the other. Today we celebrated Adam's THIRD BIRTHDAY! He has grown into such a handsome boy, he is my Little Man. We had a wonderful day and Loved all his presents. Kaitlyn was the perfect older sister, she let Adam have all the attention and even kept secret what all his presents were as she helped me wrap them while he napped:)

So, seeing as every year for the rest of their lives they will have a month and a half of being the same age, I wanted to start a tradition where we do something as a family during this time to recognize the uniqueness of their relationship. So I decided we would do a family camping trip. The Irish Twin Camping Trip! I am really hoping that even when they get older and have their own families they will continue the tradition and do a camping trip together during this special time!

This last weekend, Joseph had a few days free from school, and my awesome friend Nathalie suggested I meet up with her in Arizona for the weekend, of course I thought that was a great idea. Flying on a buddy pass is not the most glamorous way to fly, except when you luck out and get first class (which I did twice...YES!) but I was ready for a few days off from "mommy hood" and decided to take my chances. I had so much fun, was able to meet up with some good 'ol friends, relax in the sunshine and do a little shopping...and eating. I really like Arizona it is a great place to visit. After getting back I came up with the most brilliant idea EVER! I told Joseph about it and he "agreed"...that every year as a tradition when our kids turn the same age I should take a vacation by myself!!!! YEAH!!! So where I will go next year will be in the works, I'm thinking it will be to visit a old friend each time, so if you are looking for a house guest next year around this time, give me a shout out:) You think I'm joking but I'm not!!!!!!

Here are some pics of the last few days......


Sprinkles Cupcakes..My Worst Enemy;)

The Magnificent "Sister Cundiff"...One of my favorite Mission Friends!

And her Cute Girls!

The adorable Miss Paige...Nathalie's Baby

Just after getting Pedi's, which are way better in Arizona than in Iowa...by FAR!!!!

Sister Wilcox..this is for you..he did this all on his own!

Adam's Favorite place is the airport so we swung by their to pick up my lost bag and also so we could hang out for his Birthday..he got "Winged"!

They just started dancing under the airplane, it was precious!


This is my....I Get a Vacation Every Year Right Honey?!..Look

Birthday Cupcake!



Adam LOVES salad, he is definately all Shepro!


This is the infamous apron I bought for Mother's Day...It makes all motherly and house duties way more glamorous and fun!!!

7 comments:

Adolescent Family said...

You can ALWAYS come see me! Although, I really want you to live here so maybe I could just join you on your trip! ;)

Your looking really skinny miss hot pants! Take care!

M. said...

yeah! so glad you and Molly got to meet up, and experience an AZ pedicure. :)

Barrientos Family said...

YAY! Sign me up, you can come visit me every year! lol
Happy Happy Birthday Adam! I just love that little guy even if he doesn't want me to hug and kiss him! haha =)

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I love the pic of you in car..on sassy beautiful mama! Your kids are adorable and I LOVE your apron!
Ker

Peggy Glasmann said...

I think I should be your destination. I know your family is close by, so you could kill 2 birds with one stone. Why not change it up and bring the kids, but leave them with Grandma and Grandpa or Aunts or even me!! It would be fun!! You could even bring Joseph!!

SuzyQ01 said...

Of course you will always be welcome to visit me in Colorado...that is if I EVER get there!! LOL Or maybe I should just join you on your vacations, since I never get to take one myself.

Tammi said...

Sign me up for a visit when I move back to good old Cedar City Utah. There is no shopping but Zions is amazing! I loved the pictures of you and your cute little family. Happy birthday ADAM!! That is so cool that your kids are the same age for a couple months each year. I didn't ever realize that. :)

Growing Up

Growing Up